MARJORIE J. SIEGEL,  attorney-at-law

60 east 42nd street, 47th floor      new york, ny 10165      tel. (212) 370-0103      fax (212) 370-0250     email:





Real Estate

Wills & Trusts

Immigration - Green Card

The Alien Registration Receipt Card, popularly known as the green card, entitles the holder to work and reside in the United States on a permanent basis. There are a number of ways to obtain a green card:

  • Through Family Sponsorship, by which spouses, children, parents and siblings of U.S. citizens, and in some cases of green card holders, can be brought into the United States.

  • By Labor Certification, which allows a United States employer to recruit a foreign worker for a particular position when a shortage of qualified U.S. workers in a local area can be established.

  • By National Interest Waiver, which in the case of professionals holding advanced degrees and individuals of Extraordinary Ability, may allow for waiver of the Labor Certification requirement if the work done by the applicant is deemed to be in the "national interest."

  • By being recognized as a Person of Extraordinary Ability in any one of a several special categories.

  • Via the Green Card Lottery, an annual permanent lottery program instituted in 1994 and formally known as the Diversity Visa Lottery Program.

Whether for a company or an individual, Marjorie Siegel and her staff can assist with any application or petition. After carefully analyzing your situation, they will recommend the most suitable course for you to pursue, and prepare all documents necessary for the successful completion of the process.

See also Immigration - For Family Members